Location: Summer Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 31st August 2023
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 30 September 2023
Intake Worker – Emotional Wellbeing for Older Persons (EWOP) Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network (CESPHN)
- Do you have a passion to work with Older People?
- Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful job opportunity?
- Join our warm, supportive, friendly culture!
About the role:
Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for an Intake Worker to join our Emotional Wellbeing for Older Persons in the Central and Eastern Sydney region. In this role you will be responsible for providing mental health intake, liaise with aged care stakeholders, and supporting the team through triage and admin tasks.
You will be responsible for answering phone calls, accurately documenting client details and demonstrating confidentiality when dealing with client records. This position will suit a highly motivated team player with a strong client focus and excellent communication skills. Working in a customer service role is essential.
This is a maximum term (till June 2024) part-time position working 15.2 hours - 2 days per week.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Undertake intake/triage support for Anglicare clients
- Support clients and inform of relevant Anglicare services
- Document client information and maintain confidentiality
- Undertake in continuous improvement duties
- Adhering to service policies and procedures
- Undertaking administration duties as required
- Experience in a similar role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a wide range of clients in need of assistance
- Highly organised and skilled at simplifying systems and processes
- Highly developed written and verbal communication
- Well-developed computer skills (MS Word, MS Outlook, Client Management system)
- Access to a vehicle and have full comprehensive insurance
- Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Anglicare
- Current Working with Children’s Check for paid employment
- NDIS Workers Check
- Covid-19 vaccination is strongly recommended
- Preferred (but not essential):
- Understanding of the mental health sector and its effects on older persons
- Strong networking skills and ability to liaise effectively with other community stakeholders
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: Anglicare Aged Care & Community Services - Sydney & Surrounds
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment
- Learning and Development opportunities within the organisation
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will close without notice.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.