Location: West Ryde, NSW
Date advertised: 1st September 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Friday, 22 September 2023
Women and Children Minister
At West Ryde Anglican Church we love to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
West Ryde Anglican is a growing church that reflects our multicultural community. In God’s kindness we are looking for a godly and suitable woman to lead our ministry to women and children.
The Women and Children’s Minister will be part of our senior leadership team helping to set a gospel direction with a church-wide responsibility for these two ministries.
We are seeking to build a strong culture of discipleship that sees all women growing in their understanding and love of Jesus as they serve his people in West Ryde and beyond.
- Teaching the bible to women to make disciples of Jesus.
- Pastoral oversight among women to foster a culture of outreach, training, and service in ministry.
- Recruiting and training female leaders.
- Reaching out to our local community with the good news of Jesus.
We are seeking to build a strong pathway of discipleship from birth to young adult that sees our youngest members grow to be mature, lifelong disciples of Jesus, serving his people in West Ryde and beyond.
- Leading and equipping children’s ministry leaders of our Sunday morning and Friday afternoon children’s programmes.
- Pastoring the children involved in our ministry.
- Ensuring that children’s ministry operation, administration, and communication is to a high standard.
- Teaching Primary SRE.
The successful candidate will:
- Be of suitable Christian character and conviction.
- Have a deep love for Jesus and a strong desire to make and mature disciples of Jesus.
- Have a passion for outreach to see others come to know Jesus as Lord.
- Have a love of collaboration and team ministry.
- Work happily under the leadership of the senior minister as well as feeling comfortable working autonomously and making decisions.
- Understand child protection issues and be fully committed to the safety of all young people in our care.
- Have a theological qualification.
- Have experience in women’s and/or children’s ministry.
- Have the ability to inspire, recruit, train, delegate, and oversee the ministry of others.
This is a full-time role and remuneration will be according to the guidelines of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.