Location: Minchinbury, NSW
Date advertised: 2nd September 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 30th September 2019
The Vision & Mission
Minchinbury Anglican Church is a growing multicultural church in Sydney’s western suburbs. Our vision is to see all people in multicultural western Sydney renewed through the love of Jesus Christ. Our mission, in line with this vision, and as outlined in the New Testament, is to make disciples and multiply communities who love Jesus and show Jesus’ love.
We are seeking to employ a full time families pastor, with a special focus on kids and youth ministry. They will partner with parents and carers to see every home in our church as a place of renewal and discipleship. Remuneration will be in line with the Sydney Anglican Diocese guidelines.
The particular responsibilities for this position are:
- Oversee the ministry teams and programs to children and youth as a leader of leaders.
- Be the main bible teacher in our Sunday Kids’ Church and Friday Youth Group.
- Coordinate Anglican SRE for two local primary schools and take up opportunities for secondary SRE where possible.
- In partnership with our Equip Pastor, ensure that all leaders to children and youth are being developed and trained in their leadership.
- Resource and Equip parents and carers to see every home in our church as a place of renewal and discipleship.
- A loyal, humble, teachable, generous, and servant hearted follower of Jesus.
- Someone who is creative, innovative, and able to implement ideas.
- Have theological convictions that are Reformed and Evangelical.
- Has a heart for multicultural ministry and mission.
- A passion for kids’, youth, and family ministry.
- Theological training to at least a diploma or advanced diploma level.
- At least 2-3 years experience of volunteer ministry to kids and youth.
- Preference will be given to those with vocational ministry experience leading a team of volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team context and motivate volunteers for ministry.
- Excellent communication, relational, and administrative skills.
For more information about the position or the church, please don’t hesitate to contact our Senior Minister, Mike Smith, on email@example.com
If you would like to apply, please email a CV outlining your ministry experience, and 2 references (including the minister of your current church).