Location: Sydney CBD, NSW or Hybrid
Date advertised: 7th September 2023
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
Location: Corporate Office (Sydney CBD) or Hybrid (CBD at least 2 days/week & remote)
Employment Type: Part Time - 18, 24 or 30 hrs per week (Monday & Wednesday CBD)
Anglican Youthworks is seeking an Office Coordinator to join our Corporate Office in Sydney’s CBD. Youthworks is chartered by ordinance to assist the Sydney Anglican diocese in its ministry towards children, youth, and families with the freedom to serve beyond this field (both denominationally and geographically). Youthworks therefore seeks to serve youth directly, as well as through the institutions where they may be found, namely in families, churches, and schools.
About the role
The Office Coordinator plays an integral part in ensuring that the Corporate Office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting Youthworks ministry and business objectives. The position also is responsible for assisting in the activities of the People and Safety Team, to enable Youthworks to meet its ministry and business objectives in line with the Strategic plan.
- Office Management including supporting conferencing needs, the effective use of space and coordination of office activities within budgetary guidelines.
- Being the first point of contact for those engaging with Corporate Office
- Assist the People and Safety Team to ensure that Youthworks’ has and is sustaining an overall compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other relevant legal regulations.
You will need to demonstrate
- Experience in an administration role – at least 12 months
- Demonstrated ability to work within an environment of evolving priorities and tasks, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to grasp large amounts of information, be able to quickly learn & adapt, and to work to set deadlines
- Flexible, collaborative, proactive and innovative
- Excellent personal presentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and to be flexible to reflect changes in priority
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing strong customer service
- A strong work ethos with a systematic and focused approach to tasks and a strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a wide range of employees to achieve effective outcomes
- Church-based safe ministry / safe church training programs endorsed by the National Council of Churches in Australia Safe Church Program
- Experience in a non-for-profit setting
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the NSW Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply.
A valid NSW Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
To apply for this role please use click HERE.
If your skills and experience are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources team.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.