Location: Devonport, TAS
Date advertised: 7th September 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 27 September 2022
The Principal of Devonport Christian School, Chad Smit, is calling for Expressions of Interest from experienced Christian educators for the position of Head of Primary.
This is a new position established in response to the positive growth of the school with healthy primary enrolments into the future and expansion into secondary schooling and in 2023.
Under the leadership of the Principal, this new Head of Primary position has been formed to help continue to nurture, develop and lead a strong Christian educational culture within the Kinder to Year 6 (Primary) years at Devonport Christian School.
As Devonport Christian School expands into secondary schooling in 2023, the school has recently appointed a Head of Secondary. This new role of Head of Primary, will be equally to lead and continue the positive culture and nurturing of primary students, the phenomenal primary team and families, within the primary levels.
The Head of Primary will be committed to the school’s Christian ethos and values and possess excellent skills in leadership, management and have a high energetic capacity. The Head of Primary will provide support to the Principal as a member of the executive leadership team.
The Head of Primary is responsible to the Principal for the planning, organisation, operations and culture of the primary school and will advise the Principal in respect to current and future primary needs.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction.
- Be committed to positive community connection and pastoral care.
- Bring sound educational knowledge and up-to-date practices.
- Promote a coherent and positive culture within the community.
- Have a vital role in improving educational outcomes.
- Develop and maintain quality of teaching and learning.
- Nurture positive relationships between students, staff, the community and stakeholders.
- Influence and lead the team in enhancing student engagement, achievement, faith and wellbeing.
The Head of Primary will have a teaching component and increasing periods of release time per week as the Primary school expands. The role is a Principal-appointed position and is on a three-year tenure.
It is expected that the applicant will be able to commence by January 2023 (or negotiated by successful applicant).
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate in their expression of interest that they will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the Lordship of Christ in all areas of life.
- Have a willingness to subscribe to the school’s educational purposes as outlined in the DCS ‘Statement of Faith’.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the achievement of the school’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan and educational direction.
- Have the appropriate educational qualifications.
- Be committed to the development of Christian perspectives and foundations throughout the curriculum.
- Have proven leadership skills and experience in a primary school.
- Have sensitivity in personal relationships.
- Have an excellent personal reputation as an educator.
- Have a sound knowledge of educational trends, research, practices and policies in primary education.
- Have high competence in data analysis to improve teaching practice and student outcomes.
- Be able to successfully lead collaborative learning teams.
- Demonstrate a continual willingness and desire to learn as an innovative educator.
- Engage and connect with students and have a desire to know and understand each individual student in their care.
Interested and qualified applicants should include the following in their expression of interest:
- A brief covering letter
- Your current CV
- An overview of your faith journey
- Experience in respect to the leadership qualities and responsibilities listed on page 7 of the Candidate Information Pack, under ‘The Right Person’.
- Names of three referees (two professional and one pastoral)
Please send applications to the CEN Consultancies Administrator, Melinda Storm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until COB Tuesday 27 September 2022.