Location: Rouse Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 7th September 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Oct 6 2020
Because the love of Jesus Christ changes lives, Rouse Hill Anglican Church seeks to make and grow followers of Jesus who serve Jesus and others, and who reach out with His Love to Sydney’s Northwest and Beyond.
We are seeking a Youth & Young Adults Pastor to join our team in 2021 who will lead and grow the Youth and Young Adults of our church in line with our disciple-making vision. We are seeking someone who has a passion for, and experience in, ministering to young people; an energetic leader who is themselves committed to serving and who will invest deeply in relationships with youth and young adults.
Purpose of the Role
To encourage the Christian growth of youth and young adults across our church, including supporting our church families as they seek to disciple their young people, so that our youth and young adults grow spiritually and numerically.
Convictions, Qualifications & Experience
* The applicant will be a person of mature Christian conviction, personally devoted to Jesus and living a life in which progress in godliness is evident.
* A commitment to Reformed, Evangelical, Complementarian, Anglican Ministry
* Bth or equivalent Theological qualification
* previous experience in leadership in Youth Ministry, small groups, and one-to-one discipleship
* Have valid WWCC clearance, completed Safe Ministry Training, willing to complete Youthworks SRE Teacher Accreditation and comply with “Faithfulness in Service” Anglican Code of Conduct
* Actively contribute to the fellowship and teamwork of the staff team, which includes the weekly staff team meeting
* Preaching and leading at all services. (includes occasional Kids Spot Ministry)
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the church vision through the Youth and Young Adult Ministries, ensuring that discipleship programs and structures (such as small groups) are in place for young people.
* Identify, Recruit, Train & Support assistant leaders for our church’s Youth and Young Adult ministries (which presently include Sunday Morning Team 6-8, Friday Evening Youth Group, Youth and Young Adult Bible Study Groups, Young Adult Training events.)
* Attend/Lead Friday Night Youth Activities, a Mid-week Bible Study and regular Youth Leaders Training times.
* Identify, Recruit, Train & Support suitable high school aged church members to serve in Kids Ministry (junior/future leader development)
* Involvement with Kids Club ministry to facilitate the transition of Kids into Youth Ministries (in partnership with Families Minister)
* Weekly SRE Ministry in local state schools, including Thursdays in Rouse Hill High School.
* In the post-Covid future, to organise and lead on the annual Young Adult Weekend Away and Youth Camps
Skills & Capabilities
* Ability to disciple others, and to model this ability so as to train others to disciples others.
* Demonstrated initiative in starting new ministries/groups, creating/co-ordinating events, and starting new ministry teams.
* Ability to relate well to young people, and pastorally care for young people and their families
* Ability to relate well to non-Christians
* Ability to encourage people to serve according to their giftedness.
* Ability to lead volunteer teams and individuals
* Ability to write/adapt material to be suitable for use with youth
* High Level organisational skills
* Covid has made clear that all ministry personnel need to be flexible, adaptable and work well under pressure.
* in line with the above, some tech/computer/video skills would be desirable (for example, during lockdown our Youth Ministry operated using Discord, googleteams etc)
* some experience / skill in working in cross-cultural environments may be advantageous
Terms of Employment
* The role is Full time, though applicants seeking a significant part-time role of 4 days or more may be considered.
* Remuneration in accordance with Diocesan Guidelines, including travel and housing allowance
* Start date of no later than Feb 1, 2021
For expressions of interest / applications, please email Senior Minister Graeme Howells email@example.com include a CV with at least 2 ministry referees.