Location: Baulkham Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 9th September 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Sunday 9th October
At Norwest Anglican we long to see Jesus as King of every heart and every home.
Norwest is a vibrant and growing evangelical church in Sydney’s North-West. In God’s kindness, over the last decade we have seen remarkable growth. More than 800 adults, youth and children attend our Friday ministries, our five Sunday services and mid-week ministry activities.
Norwest is seeking a humble and highly motivated pastor to join our team and lead the two strategic ministry portfolios of Mission and Ministry across the life of our church. The successful applicant will be a capable and effective leader, able to coach and develop others, shape vision, and ensure that events, services and ministry decisions at Norwest are aligned with the outcomes that these portfolios seek. This is a full-time position, with a negotiable start date for the right applicant.
- Strategic planning and goal setting towards the Ministry and Mission visions.
- Champion, and develop the Norwest culture of Ministry and Mission across the life of the church.
- Equip leaders and empower teams to do great ministry, not run great rosters.
- Ensure that those who are serving within teams at Norwest are being discipled to grow and be stretched in their service.
- Ensure that both pathways and programs are in place for evangelism and mission.
- Use innovative strategies to initiate first contact with our local community, and create regular opportunities for people to hear and respond to the gospel, for example through evangelistic courses.
- To raise the heat for mission within our own church community, developing a missional culture and a renewed desire in each member to share the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Regular engagement and involvement in our Sunday services.
Our Ministry and Mission Pastor will:
- Have a deep love for God, a whole-hearted desire to live for Jesus and have a growing relationship with Him.
- Demonstrate excellent relational self-awareness, and an ability to lead ministry teams with both humility and clarity.
- Have a highly collegiate working style, reflected in their interactions with staff and lay leaders.
- Have a clear passion and gift for sharing the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Work happily under the direction of the Executive, and as an active participant in the M Pastors team, making decisions within the scope of the role.
- Understand that a life in church leadership is a call to live a life beyond reproach and one where we model godliness through every aspect of what we say, how we act and who we are.
- Be committed to the Norwest Anglican Vision and Values.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience leading multiple teams in a church or similar context. Portfolio ministry experience is desirable.
- Experience mentoring, coaching and equipping ministry leaders to lead their own ministry teams.
- Formal theological or ministry training, however we are open to discussing related qualifications with suitably experienced candidates.
- High level communication skills – able to communicate the gospel, ministry vision, and clear ministry goals.
A Working with Children Check and completed Safe Ministry Training will be required before commencement and must be maintained as current at all times.
Please contact Lisa Grainger, Operations Manager at email@example.com for a copy of the Position Description and the Norwest Anglican Vision and Values.
Written applications addressing these documents close on 9th October, 2022.