Location: Malvern East, VIC
Date advertised: 10th September 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 5 October 2019
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God. Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'.
City on a Hill now meets across five locations in three cities. In 2017, City on a Hill planted in Melbourne’s east, and since then this location has grown to be a thriving church that is continuing to know Jesus and make Jesus known.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and his call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
The Community Director will be an energetic and warm community builder who is passionate about developing and deploying Christian leaders. They love the Bible, investing in future leaders and want to see God’s grace experienced by the community at City on a Hill: Melbourne East.
The Community Director will join the team at City on a Hill: Melbourne East with specific oversight of the second pillar of our ministry activity ‘community’. This primarily includes our Gospel Communities, but will oversee teams who manage our connections process, newcomer events, training events, and future ministries that land outside of our Sunday services.
The Community Director is based at City on a Hill: Melbourne East and works closely with, and reports to, the Lead Pastor. This is a 2 day per week paid position, based at City on a Hill, Melbourne East.
- Lead the Gospel Community ministry, shepherding and training existing Gospel Community leaders while setting up systems of recruiting, coaching, developing and multiplying new Gospel Community leaders.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient integration of new people into City on a Hill’s community through connections and newcomer events and processes.
- Oversee the delivery of other discipleship initiatives within our community including men, women, youth, and other training events or courses. Lead the leaders of these initiatives.
- Join the team of pastors at City on a Hill: Melbourne East, exercising loving pastoral oversight across City on a Hill: Melbourne East.
- Embody City on a Hill’s vision and mission to know Jesus and make Jesus known to those within and outside of our church community.
Required Skills, Character and Experience
- A demonstrated love for Jesus and his people.
- Willingness to commit to the vision and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill.
- Completed, or in the process of completing, formal theological training.
- Experience in leading leaders and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to cast vision, recruit, coach and deploy leaders in order to ‘equip the saints for the work of ministry’ (Eph. 4:12)
- The ability to teach.
- A warm, personable and pastoral demeanour with a strong love for people.
- A ‘gospel confidence’ that boldly trusts in God’s saving power while seeking to innovate in order to reach new people through ministry.
- Live a committed, prayerful, holy life of dependence on God in Christ.
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Victorian Working with Children Check, a National Police History Check that returns no disclosed outcomes that would exclude you from the role, and uphold the standards outlined in the Anglican Church of Australia Faithfulness in Service code of personal behaviour for church workers.
To apply for the role please send your current resume along with an application letter addressing the key skills, gifting and character requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
For more information please contact us on 03 9640 0990, or email email@example.com.
Applications close 5 October, 2019.