Female Pastor (Build and Equip)
Location: Paddington, NSW
Date advertised: 10th September 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
St Matthias is a church in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, with a vision to see 'people transformed by God’s grace, growing to maturity and proclaiming Jesus’. We seek to do this through four ministry portfolios: reach, connect, build and equip.
We are seeking to employ a full-time female to work alongside our other pastors and team leaders in our Build and Equip portfolios - with a specific focus on leading and equipping kids and women’s ministry, and raising up a generation of leaders to serve God’s people.
- Working with our women’s ministry leaders responsible for TAT (teaching and training) on Tuesday mornings;
- Working with our women’s ministry team on various teaching and training events during the year.
- Recruiting, planning and implementing a Friday afternoon Kid’s Club;
- Recruiting, planning and implementing an annual Holiday Kid’s Club;
- Teaching and training through Intergenerational Gatherings and Sunday Gatherings
- Training and teaching our team leaders in our Sunday morning kids ministry;
- Assisting with the training and teaching of primary school scripture
- Working with the Equip pastor to equip our kids, youth and growth group leaders.
- Able to teach and equip others as they gather around God’s word.
- Works well in a team and values collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills
- Works across diverse age groups
- Willing to develop skills in international ministry.
- Encourages all age groups into spiritual maturity through Intergenerational Ministry
- Values ministry training at all levels and particularly MTS as a pathway to Bible College.
St Matthias Anglican Church is committed to Safe Ministry and therefore requires a current Working with Children Checks ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made.
All enquiries to James Harricks at email@example.com Please include a CV and cover letter explaining your suitability.