Location: Croydon Park, NSW
Date advertised: 14th September 2022
Job Type: Part time
An opportunity to sow seeds of the gospel
West Sydney Chinese Christian Church is an independent non-denominational evangelical church in Sydney NSW. At our Croydon Park campus we have 2 church services in English and Mandarin.
Our English ministry, croydonpark@10 (CP10) is a congregation of 120 people, and there are around 30 children of creche to primary school age across both congregations.
The vision for children’s ministry at WSCCC is to teach and raise up children to love and serve Christ. We are looking to employ a part-time Children’s Ministry Worker to lead and coordinate the children’s ministry at WSCCC Croydon Park, commencing in early 2023.
The Children’s Ministry Worker at WSCCC Croydon Park will be a person who is enthusiastic and passionate about children’s ministry, and able to oversee and further develop the existing children’s ministry at Croydon Park, for children aged up to 12 years.
This is a part-time position, 2.5 days per week (or 20 hours per week), including Sunday mornings (Kids Ministry Sunday School) and Tuesday mornings (for KidsTime play group). Additionally, there will be occasional meetings out of work hours (e.g. with the ministers, other ministry leaders and volunteer teachers).
The Children’s Ministry Worker will be immediately accountable to the croydonpark@10 minister and be supported by the congregation leadership team. They will also work together with their counterpart at WSCCC Strathfield campus.
The suitable applicant would commence this position at the beginning of 2023.
The position of part-time Children’s Ministry Worker will include (but not be limited to):
- Overseeing the existing Kids’ Ministry (KM)
- Plan curriculum for the Sunday KM lessons – in English language for 4 classes (on-site) and/or online (during Covid restrictions)
- Recruit, train and support a team of volunteer teachers.
- Teach and minister to KM children on Sundays.
- Equip and resource parents to minister to their children.
- Ensure compliance of the ministry with legal requirements.
- Planning and organising special children’s ministry activities (e.g. children’s church services, items for Mothers/Fathers Day and Holidays; children’s program for church camps, etc.).
- Attending and being a part of our 10am Sunday English service, croydonpark@10
- Coordinating the KidsTime playgroup on Tuesday mornings during School terms, as a community service and outreach.
- Liaising closely with the Children’s Ministry Worker at WSCCC Strathfield campus to share resources and responsibilities
The ideal person will have:
- A mature relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Experience in ministering to children within a church context.
- Obtained or be working towards a theological qualification from a recognized Bible college.
- A passion for seeing children come to a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and grow in their faith.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Complied with all criminal record checks and Working with Children requirements.
For expressions of interest and more information about the role please contact:
Margaret Chu – email@example.com
For information about our church:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application (and CV) and for more details.