Location: Asquith, NSW
Date advertised: 22nd September 2022
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: When filled
We are seeking a gospel-hearted staff member to join our experienced ministry team. They will further our evangelistic efforts to reach people for Christ, growing our children’s ministry in this vibrant part of Sydney.
About the role
This is a part-time position, 3-days per week including Friday evenings and Sundays, commencing in 2023. This is offered as a 2-year position with potential to extend. Significantly, this role may be paired with a job opening withing the local high school SRE board to provide an additional 1- or 2-days employment in the area that complements the ministries of the church.
- Oversee children’s ministry, including mentoring and equipping those heading up the various ministries within this area.
- Initiate and oversee a new Friday afternoon Kid’s Club. This will include engaging, training and mentoring leaders across a variety of ages and life stages.
- Explore creative ways we can further connect with local children and their families
- Be a committed member of our Sunday 10am and 6.30pm gatherings with a view to engaging with our young adults and youth as potential Kids Club leaders.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and will follow the Anglican Church of Sydney’s Guidelines for the Remuneration of Parish Ministry Staff.
Essential requirements for the role;
- A mature faith with evangelical convictions
- A heart for children’s ministry
- Spiritual gifting to teach, lead, organise and reach people for Christ
- Working with Children Check and Safe Ministry certification
- Experience in children’s and/or youth ministry
Desirable requirements for the role;
- Theological qualification or presently enrolled in a course of study
The mission of St John’s Asquith is to:
Love people so they may see Christ
Reach people so they may know Christ
Equip people so they may serve Christ
Send people so they may proclaim Christ
All to the glory of God
For more information on our parish, go to stjohnsasquith.org.au
For more information about the position, please call Senior Minister Brian Heath on 0438 223 189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org