Location: Jannali, NSW
Date advertised: 27th September 2019
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 27 October 2019
- This is a very rewarding position for someone with a passion for Christ-centred pastoral care to the aged
- A permanent part-time position, based at Jannali (3 – 4 days per week)
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of our residents
- Use your pastoral care skills to provide spiritual and emotional support to our residents
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Working alongside the Life Enrichment Team at Anglicare, our pastoral carers are pivotal in ensuring our residents are supported as they move into care through providing comfort and confidence during this time of change. Part of the wider Mission and Partnerships Team, the Pastoral Carer position is an invaluable role, assisting in meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of residents.
Introductory Pastoral Care training will be provided, together with on-going support and other relevant training.
- Ensures that all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
- New residents are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
- Ensures an holistic approach is taken to meet residents' needs, through a range of planned and responsive activities and one on one encounters that allow meaningful encounters with residents.
- Ensures identification and referral of residents who could be further supported by the Chaplain.
- Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and employees in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- A passion for aged care and previous experience in Aged Care desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
- Relevant training/qualifications highly regarded
- Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care preferred
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral care skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs. All employees undergo an orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for the position please visit the Anglicare website www.anglicare.org.au OR contact the Recruitment Team for more information on 02 9421 5344.