Location: Sydney East, Inner West, St George and Sutherland, NSW
Date advertised: 28th September 2020
Job Type: Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 28th of October, 2020
- Work in various locations across the East and South of Sydney
- Make a genuine and eternal difference to others
We are recruiting for a Pastoral Care Worker to work on a Full-Time basis and travel to respite-care centre's, the homes of clients and connect with clients through phone calls. Areas of travel include the Sydney East, Inner West, St George and Sutherland.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About being a Pastoral Care Worker at Anglicare:
Anglicare Pastoral Care Workers support elderly clients who live at home. They focus on spiritual, social and emotional needs and nurture the faith of elderly Christians. While being sensitive and respectful of the spirituality of all clients, the Pastoral Carer points all clients to Jesus Christ. They work with people in their own homes and also at respite care centre's (Malabar and Jannali).
- Connect with clients through phone calls, visits and other mean
- Connect with clients by being part of the respite-care team about one day per week
- Treat all clients with respect and dignity
- Welcome and guide new clients, affirm and support regular clients
- Provide a variety of diverse planned and engaging gospel-centred activities, to elderly clients of diverse spiritual backgrounds
- Identify clients who could be further supported by the Chaplain and other specialist support and refer them appropriately
- Contribute to the provision of support for clients in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care, ideally in an aged care or community services setting
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- A passion for aged care
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance for paid employment or willingness to obtain
- A willingness to drive and a current and valid driver’s licence and your own vehicle
- Relevant training/qualifications in chaplaincy or Pastoral Care are desirable
- Active membership of an evangelical Christian church
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral carer skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs. All employees undergo a comprehensive orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our clients receive outstanding care.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applications Close: 28th of October, 2020
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To find out more or to apply, please visit our website: www.anglicare.org.au