Location: Cygnet, Woodbridge (approx 1 hour south of Hobart)
Date advertised: 1st October 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 1 November 2021
Our Vision: We are a Church who have Christ at the heart of our lives and seek to bring the love of Christ to the heart of our community.
We are a rural parish with two centres of worship, at Cygnet and Woodbridge. Both centres are about an hour’s drive south of Hobart. We describe ourselves as a ‘mainstream’ Anglican Church, biblically orthodox, and with an emphasis on serving the needs of those in our communities in Cygnet and Woodbridge and beyond.
To find out more about us, please read our parish profile.
You can see more about us on our Facebook page.
We would like a Rector who can creatively and energetically lead us making our vision a reality and in reaching the generations not currently part of our church. We need someone who will see what we can become, under God, as well as what we currently are.
The gifts needed will include:
- Preaching and teaching
- A team player, keen to use and develop the gifts of our people
- Able to lead outreach to children, families and young people
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Gifts or experience in building new ministries from a low base
- Able to continue to disciple, grow and love existing church members
Bishop Richard Condie, the current Bishop, wants making disciples of Jesus to be at the core of everything we do. He also highly values training and support for church leaders – this includes each ministry leader in the Diocese having a coach/mentor, being in a cohort with others at the same life/ministry stage, and money and time given from the parish for professional development each year.
The current group of clergy/ministry leaders (about 80 in total) meet together twice a year and are highly supportive of each other in gospel partnership.
Find out more at the Anglican Diocese of Tasmania website.
- Information about stipends and allowances in the Diocese is found here
- Housing or a housing allowance will be provided
- Appointment will be subject to fulfilling Safe Church Communities requirements, including a Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Card and completion of a satisfactory Safe Ministry Screening Check.
Please send applications including a resume, a response to this parish profile, and 2-3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 November 2021.
For further information, please contact Mr James Oakley, Diocesan Registrar, by email at email@example.com or by phone on (03) 6220 2019.