P/T Children’s/Youth & Families Minister
Location: Huskisson, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd October 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 29th October 2019
About our Church
We are a reformed evangelical church of the Sydney Diocese on the beautiful Shoalhaven South Coast.
We are looking for a person who will help us disciple and grow our children’s/youth and family ministry. Our family church meets at Vincentia Public School Hall.
Our vision is: to see Christ’s church built by proclaiming his Word.
We are growing followers of Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is to:
- Honour the Lord Jesus Christ
- Grow in Christian maturity
- Serve others in love
- Proclaim Jesus to the World
About the Role (Job Description)
We are seeking to employ a part-time children’s/youth and families minister initially for up to 2 days per week (including Sundays). Commencement and hours are negotiable.
This is a key ministry position in the fulfilment of our church’s mission strategy.
We are seeking to both disciple the children/youth and families in our Church community, and to reach children/youth and their families with the gospel that are outside of our community and connect them into our church.
We are looking for a person with a passion for sharing Jesus with children/youth and families and helping them grow in Christ.
What do we bring to the table?
- The nicest families and children anywhere in Australia (biased?)
- Lots of young people – five local primary schools plus a large (> 1,000 students) local high school.
- An established church family who wants to see you succeed.
- A picturesque setting in which to further the Good News of Jesus.
(The extent of the role is negotiable depending on the hours employed).
- Oversee our children’s/youth /families ministry.
- Co-ordinate and be part of the team for our 10am Sunday church children’s / youth programme.
- Strengthen our families ministry by getting alongside the families in our church, supporting and encouraging them.
- Uphold the traditional biblical teaching on the nature of marriage and encourage parents to raise their children in the knowledge and love of God in Christ.
- Integrate new families to our church into our church family.
- Recruit and train volunteer children’s/youth ministry leaders.
- Make connections with families in the area.
- Start an after-school kids club/playgroup or similar.
- A servant hearted follower of Jesus.
- A godly, generous character with active prayer life.
- Someone who is creative and easy-going.
- Has Christian commitment with reformed evangelical convictions.
- A passion for kids, youth and families ministry.
- A heart for evangelism and commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel.
- Have or willing to work towards a theological qualification.
- Ability to motivate and work with volunteers.
- Good communication, relational and administrative skills.
For more information about the position or the church, please don't hesitate to contact Ray Goldman by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 4441 5755.
To apply, please email a CV outlining your ministry experience, and 2 references (including the minister of your current church) to Ray Goldman. Your application should address the selection criteria listed in the position description and include current qualifications, relevant professional experience and Christian ministry involvement.
Huskisson Anglican Parish is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.