Children and Women’s Worker
Location: Lewisham, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd October 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
Petersham Baptist Church desires to see people in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond transformed by the gospel of the Lord Jesus.
Historically, our church has placed a strong focus on maturing Christian men and women for service in God’s kingdom. Our hope for the future is that God will strengthen our engagement with our surrounding community, as we prayerfully depend on Him.
Currently, Petersham Baptist Church is seeking a Children and Women’s Worker to oversee and develop our ministry to children and women in the church and community. In 2019 the Children and Women’s Worker role will be for 3 days a week. The position is initially for two years.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about children and women’s ministry, and has completed, or is near to completion of, theological training.
They will also have:
- experience in children and women’s ministry
- a desire to encourage and train women for ministry
- a concern to coordinate and provide pastoral care
- an ability to lead teams
- a willingness to work collaboratively within a staff team
- a current Working with Children Check, Safe Churches Training and the relevant Module Training to teach SRE in a NSW Government School (or is able to secure these before commencement)
While there exists scope to creatively shape the role outside school terms, we could foresee the role dividing during the school term as 2 days to Children’s Ministry (Special Religious Education, Sunday Kid’s Church, Playtime) and the remaining 1 day coordinating ministry and training projects with the current staff team and meeting with women.
A position description is available via request.
Please contact Tim Bradford, Senior Pastor (email@example.com).