Location: Sans Souci, NSW
Date advertised: 4th October 2022
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
We are seeking a godly Christian woman, who has a heart for sharing the gospel with other women (mainly mums and grandmas) and their kids, to join our team at Sans Souci Anglican. This is a part-time position (3-days per week) starting from 2023.
Sans Souci Anglican Church longs to see Jesus proclaimed the King of every heart and every home. We are a church actively committed to this mission, which at this time involves a focus on families and youth/young adults. Our hope is to see growth occur amongst these significant demographics of our community across the next two years.
Across our different ministries, we have connections with many women from our community. These women are open to God and have a connection with our church, yet most of them do not know the Lord or come on a Sunday.
We are looking for someone with a heart to connect with these women in hope of sharing Jesus with them. At the same time, we would like this person to also have the skills needed to oversee our Sunday morning kids, Playtime, Friday Kids Club, and Holiday Kids Club programs, working with their teams to ensure these groups continue to evangelise, faithfully teach, and offer the best care possible to the children.
The key tasks of this role include:
- Evangelise Women. Our church has many contacts with the mums and grandmas of kids who come along to our programs. We would like someone to invest significant time in building relationships with them, looking for opportunities to read the Bible or share the gospel with them.
- Morning Church. This primarily involves attending our 9:30am service with the aim of engaging new families. It also involves overseeing the team that runs our Sunday kids’ program, although only occasionally helping in its running. We would especially like to think through how we can engage the whole family in what the kids are learning at their Sunday program.
- Playtime Group. This involves creating programs, caring for and developing the team, overseeing compliance, and ensuring the smooth execution of Playtime on a Wednesday morning. It will especially involve thinking through how this group may better evangelise the mums and grandmas who attend with their kids.
- Kids Club Group. This involves creating programs, caring for and developing the team, overseeing compliance, and ensuring the smooth execution of Kids Club on a Friday afternoon. It will especially involve thinking through how this group may better connect with the parents of kids who attend, looking for opportunities to share the good news of Jesus with them.
- Holiday Kids Club. This involves choosing a program, developing a team, overseeing compliance, and ensuring the smooth execution of a Holiday Kids Club at some point in the year. It will especially involve thinking through how we may better connect with the parents of kids who attend, looking for opportunities to share the good news of Jesus with them.
What training will we provide?
Every week, my wife and I will meet with you for encouragement, training, and a debrief on your ministry roles. We care very much about your development, and will put time into supporting you and developing your skills.
What time commitment will this involve?
Occurs at set time in week:
- Wednesday morning (3 hrs) – school term only
- Friday afternoon (3 hrs) – school term only
- Sunday morning (3 hrs)
- Staff Meeting (1.5 hrs)
Occurs at time of choosing:
- Meeting up with women (6 hrs)
- Administration/Oversight of groups (6 hrs)
- Organization and running of Holiday Kids Club (in lieu of school holidays, when Playtime/Kids Club not running)
We are willing to negotiate the terms/hours of the position for the right candidate.
Who should apply?
We are looking for a godly Christian woman, who is committed to the Lord and his church, is able to relate well with other women, and is a keen evangelist. While the running of the groups is important, we are most especially interested in someone who loves telling people about Jesus. However, the successful candidate must hold a paid NSW Working with Children Check and have up-to-date Safe Ministry Training.
Stipend: circa $40k + super
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and at least two references to email@example.com
Please also feel free to call on 0416 209 804 at any time if you have questions or would like to know more.