Location: Dapto, NSW
Date advertised: 6th October 2021
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12th November 2021
West Dapto has about 40 000 people moving into our greenfields suburbs within the next 20 years. Many will be young families. Dapto Anglican has a modern auditorium, a cafe, and a pre-school, and is strategically located to reach out to this growing mission field. Is this your next challenge in ministry?
We are seeking a full time Children’s Minister to lead this exciting and strategic ministry. The Children’s Minister will be responsible for the established children’s ministry to children aged between 0-12 years, developing and growing it in both pastoral care and evangelism.
The successful applicant will be expected to work collegiately as part of the larger staff team.
This position reports to the Senior Minister and will be responsible for the following:
- Recruiting, training, supporting, and resourcing a team of leaders for children’s ministry.
- Integrate the DAC ministry and mission pathways into the children’s ministry.
- Lead a Sunday morning children’s ministry program, attached to our 10am service.
- Lead a midweek children’s program, which is open to the wider community.
- Ensure scripture is taught in the Primary Schools within our Parish boundaries.
- Cooperate with the Rector and other staff such that 10am children’s ministry is an integrated part of the 10am family service.
- Assist youth team in the transition of children into youth programs; and the discipleship of the young people who lead in the children’s ministry teams.
- Provide connection points between DAC and the onsite preschool and weekly playgroup program.
- Be part a unified staff team, advocating for and organising children’s programs for parish wide events such as Christmas, Easter, camps, annual dinners etc.
- Cooperate with the Safe Ministry Coordinator to ensure that leaders are Safe Ministry compliant.
- Comply with all the requirements of “faithfulness in service”.
- Cooperate with the administration staff to ensure all relevant programs have appropriate risk management compliance.
- Cooperate with the administration staff to ensure that children’s ministry venues comply with WHS and other relevant legislation.
Successful applicants must have:
- Certificate IV or above in Christian Ministry/Theology; or
- Primary School education qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience in an established and thriving children’s ministry.
- Experience and ability to recruit, train and support Children’s Ministry leaders.
- Experience in engaging whole families in the discipleship of children.
This is a full-time role. Remuneration and conditions are commensurate with the Sydney Diocesan remuneration guidelines.
The position is available from January 2021. A later starting date could be arranged if required.
To obtain a full ministry position description for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email your resume to David Rietveld at email@example.com or call 0242 611 001 for further information.