Location: Rooty Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 8th October 2021
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 4th November 2021
Who We Are:
Our vision is to see lives transformed through Jesus Christ to the glory of God in the multicultural west of Sydney and Rooty Hill in particular.
We have a specialized ministry model with staff serving across congregations and across campuses. We are an Evangelical Reformed Anglican Church with over 1100 adults and children from 70 different cultures meeting each Sunday across 3 campuses.
Who we are looking for:
We are searching for a part time (2 days per week) Mission Pastor. The role of the Mission Pastor is to enable MBM to effectively embrace and pursue the purpose of Mission within all ministries of MBM.
Mission purpose: Loving the world first and foremost by proclaiming the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ and secondly, by doing good to all – individually & corporately, locally and globally
The prime focus of the Mission Pastor at MBM is to oversee, facilitate, and initiate effective and fruitful gospel work among the various people groups represented in both MBM and the western suburbs of Sydney.
The different groups to be reached cover a wide range of cultures, subcultures and demographics across all ages and stages of life.
The Mission Pastor will also have responsibility to maintain, improve and expand:
- the overall mission-mindset of each member and each ministry of MBM
- Explaining Christianity and Firm Foundation courses
- Oversight of mercy ministries at MBM. (e.g. ESL)
- The Mission Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- humble, marked by teachable attitude.
- a clear teacher of God`s word who can contextualize the gospel.
- excellent leadership & communication skills.
- ability to work in an ethnically diverse church across all ages.
- works well with the staff team as first priority.
- clearly thought through philosophy of mission
- personal godliness (incl. faithfulness, trustworthiness and humility) is a high priority
- a leader who can think strategically, cast vision, shift culture, who is a self-starter, a strong communicator, a team player (esp. staff team) and able to influence people
- conviction and passion for the lost especially within the ethnically diverse families of Western Sydney
- the candidate would need to have demonstrated fruitfulness and experience in:
- personal evangelism and discipleship
- training and equipping people for effective evangelism
- facilitating fruitful outreach into various communities
- raising up and training leaders for mission
- suitable theological qualification who is commitment to a reformed, evangelical, complementarian position
- demonstrated ability to raise and equip teams of volunteers for ministry and equip others to do the same
- has a lot of fun!
It Would Also Be Helpful If You:
- are familiar with Purpose-Driven Church model
- have a good working understanding of social media
- have demonstrated at least 5 years of fruitful, relevant ministry work
To apply or get more information, please contact:
Ray Galea: email@example.com (02) 9677 0133
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a letter addressing the ‘About You’ points and CV (that includes a minimum of 2 references).
Applications Close: Nov 5, 2021
Ideal Commencement Date: Jan 2022