Legal Support Officer
Location: Bella Vista, NSW
Date advertised: 9th October 2018
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 6 November 2018
• Would you like the flexibility to work part time?
• Do you have a tertiary qualification in law or appropriate to a Paralegal?
• Looking for a faith based organisation whose mission is to serve people in need, enrich lives and share the love of Jesus?
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive General Manager this key role will provide efficient and effective support to Anglicare in the administration of legal matters.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Administrative support to staff on legal matters, including basic or procedural advice and liaison with legal professionals on their behalf when needed.
• Administration of legal documentation such as Leases, Contracts, Property Dealings and Deeds.
• Processing subpoenas and third-party requests.
• Act as a Privacy Officer for the organisation
• Manage the register for Bank Guarantees
• Manager insurance notifications
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Tertiary qualification in Law, ideally admitted as a Solicitor but not practising
• Experience working in a legal environment
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office and Web based applications
• Demonstrated experience managing simultaneous projects
• Familiarity with the structure and workings of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney would be desirable
This part time position is located at Norwest and a start before Christmas is available to the successful candidate.
If this sounds like the position for you, apply today!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this role please click on the link below: