Graphics & Communications Coordinator
Location: Rydalmere, NSW
Date advertised: 10th October 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 28 October 2018
- Hands on graphics design and communications
- Christian parachurch organisation
- Western Sydney based
Scripture Union NSW is an evangelical interdenominational Christian movement committed to sharing the message of Jesus with children, young people and families. We are part of an international movement with a 150 year heritage.
As we embark on a number of organisational change initiatives, our State Director (CEO) is seeking a gifted graphics designer and digital communications specialist to join our small but vibrant staff team.
We envisage it being a 30 hour a week role worked over 4 or 5 days. The role may also involve occasional after hours and weekend work.
SU is a movement with a small number of staff supporting a large number of volunteers. Each year around 2,500 SU volunteers reach around 30,000 people.
This role will be key in supporting and working closely with the State Director as he engages with stakeholders at a number of levels. The role will also extend to developing new daily devotional resources to help families engage with the Bible.
The successful candidate will:
- Be accomplished in digital graphics design with strong Creative Cloud and Microsoft Word experience;
- Present professionally, working with diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality;
- Be highly organised, able to prioritise and work on multiple concurrent tasks;
- Have a good attention to detail;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be familiar with social media and its role in a digital marketing strategy.
- Be active in their local church, with a heart for mission.
- Have, or be pursuing, tertiary qualification in a graphics &/or communications related discipline.
Current or prior involvement in an SU ministry would be well regarded as would some level of theological training.
To be considered for this role you need to be eligible to live and work in Australia, and be eligible to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
A position description, can be found on our website www.sunsw.org.au/jobs.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com including a cover letter describing how you meet the job requirements. Candidates offered interview will be asked to provide a portfolio of design work.