Location: Nowra, NSW
Date advertised: 10th October 2018
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 10 November 2018
- Are you passionate about prison ministry and ministering to those who need emotional and pastoral support?
- We are looking for a highly motivated and compassionate person with demonstrated experience in pastoral care.
About the role:
This extremely rewarding position provides an opportunity to offer emotional and pastoral support to prison inmates of all backgrounds and beliefs as well as prison staff and the family and friends of prison inmates.
This position will suit a compassionate and resilient individual who has significant pastoral experience and suited to working in a correctional centre environment. You must be a highly motivated and caring person with experience and a demonstrated competence in pastoral ministry (ideally in a Justice context), or be keen to develop an ability to minister to people in prison.
The successful applicant will be able to communicate the Christian message clearly through conversations, bible study and chapel services. You will need to have the ability to work with Correctional Services Chaplains of other denominations and faiths.
It is expected that you will seek to build supportive relationships with local churches and Christian ministry organisations. You will be part of the Anglicare Justice Chaplaincy team and responsible to the Justice & Health Chaplaincy Manager.
You must be able to pass all Corrective services security checks and meet the requirements to be licensed by the Archbishop for ministry in the Diocese of Sydney.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Completed theological studies (Degree or Diploma course).
- Eligible to hold a licence issued by the Anglican Archbishop of the Sydney Diocese.
- Ability to clearly communicate and teach the Bible.
- Completed APC or CPE course (required to be completed in the first 12 months of employment if not yet completed).
- Proven experience in ministry and pastoral care.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine pastoral difference in the lives of others! If you have a genuine desire to minister to others in an empathetic and non-judgemental manner and possess sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate the Christian message clearly, this opportunity could be for you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please visit the Anglicare website to apply for the position; www.anglicare.org.au
For more information contact the Anglicare Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344.