Assistant Business Accountant
Location: Baulkham Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 30th January 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 28th February 2019
- Are you a new Accounting graduate looking for an opportunity to learn and grow?
- Would love an opportunity to work with an organisation that makes a genuine difference in the community?
- Do you want to work close to home with onsite parking or easy access to the new metro?
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Business Accountant to support a professional and busy finance team based in Baulkham Hills. Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will have continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with the business and be supported by a committed and friendly finance team.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with improvements to accounting practices across a range of functions
- Assisting with preparation and analysis of monthly results and key performance measure
- Producing village financial reports and analysis
To be successful for this role, ideally you will:
- Have recently graduated with a degree in accounting and/or a few years accounting work experience
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to contribute to and collaborate in a team environment and with staff across the business
- Have strong problem solving, financial analysis and investigative skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
In addition, we offer a competitive salary, generous tax concessions and ongoing professional development.
This role will suit a candidate who is looking for long term growth with a Christian organisation that is centred in Christ, serving our customers and strengthening communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this role please click on the link below: