Location: North Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 13th October 2021
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 5th November 2021
St Thomas’ Church North Sydney is seeking a person who loves the Lord Jesus, is convinced of the power, sufficiency and goodness of God’s word to save and mature his people, and is eager to train others to teach children God’s word lovingly, engagingly and excellently.
They will be responsible for:
- Equipping the team leaders of the various children’s ministries at St Thomas’ in their Bible teaching ministry to children
- Overseeing the training in the Scriptures of the leaders in those teams
- Overseeing the children’s ministries at St Thomas’, including the curriculum.
The person must have:
A desire to themselves to listen to the Scriptures and be trained in the word of God in a Bible teaching team so that they can themselves teach others (2 Timothy 2:2).
- A Working With Children Check and appropriate Safe Ministry Training
- An ability to work in a team.
- An ability to recruit, train, delegate and oversee the Bible teaching ministry of others. It would be desirable for the person to have:
Experience in children’s Bible teaching ministry (paid or volunteer experience).
- Experience in training others in the Bible.
- Theological education.
This role would suit a man or a woman, will be for an initial period of 3-4 years and will report to the youth minister.
Applications to be received by 5 November 2021 with the latest start date of 5 January 2022
Please email Amanda at email@example.com with your cover letter, CV and contact details.