Location: Middleton Grange, NSW
Date advertised: 13th October 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Wednesday 28 October 2020
Thomas Hassall Anglican College is seeking to employ an experienced educator and leader with a background in High School Visual Arts education. The right candidate will be able to gather, inspire and lead others, and have an expert understanding of 21st century learning and teaching as well as being creative and innovative. She/he will be an active Christian who understands how to integrate faith and education in relevant and authentic ways. The best candidate will work with staff towards the improvement and innovation of the Visual Arts Teaching and Learning Programs in Years 7-12.
Key Selection Criteria/Essential Criteria - the successful applicant for the above position must be able to provide evidence to support the following criteria:
- A well informed understanding of contemporary learning and teaching practices, research and pedagogy as well as demonstrated creativity and innovation.
- Evidence of leadership of educational innovation and development of curriculum and assessment
- A track record of success in building and leading effective teams within faculty/stage departments. Demonstrated critical analysis and problem solving skills, experience and commitment to collaborative leadership within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the integration of technology in the delivery of learning
- Previous experience in providing leadership or assisting in overseeing Visual Arts Programs and initiatives
- Demonstrated good team leadership skills: including approachability; listening skills; conflict resolution; exercising sound judgement; and showing initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines and concurrently manage a number of competing tasks
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong personal Christian faith and be a regular and practising member of a Bible based Christian Church
- Secondary Teaching qualifications. Experience as a HSC marker is an advantage.
A full job description is available on the College website under the employment tab.
The “Application for Employment - Teachers” form and link to the relevant Working With Children Check can found under the “Employment” tab of our website, https://www.thac.nsw.edu.au/content/employment and must be completed to be considered for the positions. Applications should be committed Christian’s who are active members of their church.
Applications should include:
- Cover application letter
- Completion of Employment Application form available on the College website
- This should include the names, addresses and phone numbers of three confidential referees. One of these needs to be from a Christian Minister.
- Resume outlining teaching, leadership and other experience relevant to the position
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Written response addressing the Key Selection Criteria in a maximum of 2-3 pages
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 28 October 2020
Applicants will be considered for interview upon receipt of their application.
Please forward your application marked “Private and Confidential” to: