Location: Lindfield, NSW
Date advertised: 30th January 2024
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 1 March 2024
St Alban’s Lindfield is seeking a part-time (4 days a week) Children’s Minister who loves seeing children become and grow as disciples of Christ, has a passion for the mission of the local church, and a desire to equip and lead others in ministry with children.
St Alban’s Anglican Church is a growing evangelical and multicultural church with many exciting opportunities to make Christ known to people of all nations in our local community. More than 110 people participate in our Childrens Ministry as leaders or members. Our Children’s Minister will take leadership and pastoral responsibility for these people.
1. Position Purpose
The role of Children’s Minister is to prayerfully grow disciples of Jesus, particularly among toddlers to people in Year 6. We want to see a generation conﬁdent in the love of God for them in Christ, growing in their knowledge and understanding of God’s word, and taking steps to explore serving him by living out and sharing the gospel. This role is primarily exercised by leading groups, equipping leaders, and partnering with parents as they disciple their children.
2. Key Responsibilities
The Children’s Minister’s key responsibilities are:
- Establishing direction for and leading the children’s ministry in consultation with the Senior Minister.
- Recruiting, training, discipling and developing children’s leaders.
- Teaching children regularly in our SRE classes, Kids Club, and Kids Church.
- Coordinating weekly children’s programs and the Family Spot in our Family Service.
- Along with the rest of the staff team, equipping parents to disciple their children.
- Facilitating clear transitions from children’s ministry into youth ministry and our congregations for children and their families.
- Actively participating in a collaborative staff team for the making of disciples across our church.
- Ongoing attention to personal Christian growth, ministry development, and professional standards are expected and encouraged in all members of our team.
Candidates for this position will have:
- Evidence of a life of discipleship in following Jesus and a personal commitment to see the gospel grow.
- 2 or more years of theological training.
- Experience in children’s ministry and leading teams.
This position is part-time and oﬀered with remuneration and beneﬁts as articulated in the Sydney Anglican Diocese Remuneration Guidelines. For a copy of the position description or for further information, please contact Shaun McGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0420 855 255.
Please apply in writing to email@example.com by 1st March with a cover letter, resume and list of referees. Suitable applicants may be interviewed before the closing date.
Position start date is March/April 2024.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.