Team Leader - Foster Care Program
Location: Telopea, NSW
Date advertised: 30th January 2019
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 2 March 2019
Team Leader – Foster Care Program
- Work alongside and learn from skilled practitioners
- Great team environment with supportive colleagues and managers!
As a Christian organization, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Team Leader to provide services to children and families within the Foster Care Program, and supervise a team of Case Managers. The purpose of this position is to provide ongoing supervision, support and annual appraisal to casework staff and foster carers while overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of all activities within the Foster Care Program. The successful candidate will liaise and develop partnerships and networks with other services for client advocacy and support and improved service delivery.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Supervise, support and annually appraise casework staff and foster carers, ensuring all OOHC Standards are maintained for children and young people in Anglicare’s foster care placements.
- Liaise with stakeholders and external services to achieve outcomes of safety, wellbeing and permanency for children and young people, in consultation with the Managers, other Foster Care Team Leaders and team members.
- Ensure quality practices and sound administration of the programs, including carer recruitment, assessment and support, record keeping and documentation.
- Recruit and orientate new employees to the service and organization.
- Promote the physical, social, emotional, psychological and spiritual well-being of clients and staff.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Demonstrated case management, team leadership and supervision skills.
- Proven experience of working with children and young people, birth families, and foster families in an OOHC funded service.
- Sound knowledge of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues pertaining to out-of-home care and the needs of children in care.
- Sound understanding of issues relating to child development, attachment, trauma, grief and loss.
- Experience in foster carer training and assessments.
If you are an experienced Team Leader with excellent report writing, problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills, we’d like to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this role please visit the Anglicare website www.anglicare.org.au OR contact the Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344 for more information.