Location: North Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 21st October 2021
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday, 12 November 2021
Shore is a leading Anglican Day and Boarding School emphasising excellence in academic, cultural, and sporting pursuits and fostering integrity in moral and spiritual development in a Christian environment.
Applications are invited for the following full-time, permanent position:
Communications & Marketing Manager – North Sydney
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Communications & Marketing Manager to join our dynamic Community Engagement team.
As the successful candidate, you and your team will play an integral part in the life of the School and wider Shore community.
You will be responsible for assessing, planning, and implementing traditional and digital communications and marketing initiatives for a wide variety of stakeholder groups. As a gifted storyteller and copy writer, you will ensure consistent brand messaging and values across all internal and external communication channels.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline or equivalent experience and a wide range of skills in areas of communication, public relations and marketing;
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proof-reading skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Education Sector (whether gained within schools, working closely with the sector generally or from within the tertiary education sector);
- A demonstrated track record of developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing and communications strategies and conducting promotional campaigns;
- Prior experience developing and implementing social and digital marketing channels and designing and leading online campaigns;
- Highly developed project management skills, including budget oversight responsibilities, with experience in channel development and change programmes;
- Strong influencing skills, as well as a passion and demonstrated talent for engaging and leading others, both directly and indirectly;
- Excellent relationship building, networking and stakeholder engagement skills, with both internal and external stakeholders, including senior executives;
- An approachable, responsive, and flexible style; and
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Christian values.
The successful applicant will be expected to take part in the School’s Chapel services and demonstrate active support for the School’s Christian Ethos.
A full position description is available on the School's website
For further information, please contact our recruitment team via: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must have a current Working with Children Clearance.
Applications addressing the above criteria, together with a current resume, must be made in writing and submitted via email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm on Friday, 12 November 2021
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date.
Typically, the School’s selection process includes phone screening, first and second round interviews (generally involving a presentation and/or case study), a meeting with the Headmaster, and reference checks.