Children’s & RE Minister (4 days)
Location: Freshwater, NSW
Date advertised: 27th October 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
St Marks Freshwater is an evangelical Anglican church on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We are prayerfully sharing the gospel to all Freshwater; helping people to encounter, believe and grow in Jesus.
We are seeking a godly, energetic person to lead our growing ministry to children.
Over 3 days (including Sundays) our new children’s minister will:
- Teach the Bible to children & children’s leaders.
- Recruit, train & support teams of children’s leaders.
- Share in our K-6 SRE ministry.
- Plan & implement strategies to reach the children of our area and to build the children of St Marks.
The appropriate candidate will also be offered the opportunity of a 4th day per week in a local State High school, relieving some of the load of the full time RE Teacher.
We are looking for someone who...
- Relates well with people of all ages
- Has a passion for & experience in serving children & their families
- Can teach High School RE (if the 4th day is attractive)
- Demonstrates sound Christian character, convictions and skills
- Has completed or is currently engaged in appropriate theological training
- Can fulfil all relevant safe ministry requirements
We envisage our new Children’s Minister would commence in January 2020.
For more information, or to forward a CV, please contact Terry Bowers (Lead Minister): email@example.com by 15 November 2019.