Youth Minister (3 days/wk)
Location: Killara, NSW
Date advertised: 29th October 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 16 December 2019
With the exciting renewal of families, children and youth at St Martins we are looking to grow our ministry team. We are looking for someone to lead and develop our youth ministry at St Martins Killara. This is a 3 day per week part time paid position, commensurate with your experience (we are open to current students and graduates).
You will be passionate about youth ministry, a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, teachable, and faithful to the gospel.
You are someone who brings a joy and energy to our church.
The role includes:
- Overseeing youth ministries:
- Responsible for planning and execution of our youth ministry strategy
- Leading/coordinating Friday youth group, and a Sunday youth bible study
- Recruit, train and disciple leaders & helpers for youth ministries
- Teach SRE at Killara High School (Wednesday mornings), lunchtime group and develop links to St Martins youth and church.
- Assisting the senior minister in Sunday services, and developing opportunities to integrate youth volunteers as appropriate
- Develop new youth ministry opportunities in conjunction with senior minister, including training, camps and a future evening service.
The position commences in Jan/Feb 2020.
Please apply by sending your expression of interest, including CV and the names of at least two referees, one of whom should be your current Church Minister, to Matt Heazlewood (Senior Minister) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9880 2137 if you would like more information.