Location: North Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 25th November 2021
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 17th December 2021
St Thomas’ Church North Sydney is seeking a person who loves the Lord Jesus, is convinced of the power, sufficiency and goodness of God’s word to save and mature his people, loves teaching SRE and is eager to help SRE students connect with the church community.
They will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the teams of leaders that teach Scripture at four local schools, including recruitment and training.
- Teaching Scripture in each of those schools.
- Liaising with the SRE representatives at each of the schools.
- Helping students from these schools connect with the children’s and youth ministries of St Thomas’.
The person must have:
- A desire to listen to the Scriptures and be trained in the word of God in a Bible teaching team so that they can then teach others (2 Timothy 2:2).
- A Working With Children Check and appropriate Safe Ministry Training, as well as completion of the SRE training modules.
- An ability to work in a team.
- Experience in teaching SRE.
- An ability to recruit, train, delegate and oversee the SRE teachers.
It would be desirable for the person to have:
Experience in overseeing SRE at a school.
This role will report to the Families Minister.
Applications to be received by 17 December 2021 with a start date in early 2022.