Location: Tahmoor, NSW
Date advertised: 1st November 2018
Job Type: Full time, Temporary/Contract
- An exciting and rewarding opportunity as an Anglicare Shop Manager
- Warm and supportive team environment | Based at Tahmoor | Fixed Term Full Time
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of our customers!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve people who are vulnerable or marginalized by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
The purpose of this rewarding role is to lead a team of staff and volunteers, operating the Shop to create a warm, caring environment, maximising sales and supporting Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of the shop operations including the training and supervision of staff and volunteers. The position will also work closely with the Shop Pastoral Outreach Worker.
- Provide high levels of professional customer service at all times.
- Maintain high standards of merchandising and product offering to maximise shop sales.
- Ensure that customers who present a range of needs are provided with holistic care by referring them to services as appropriate. This may include addressing physical, spiritual and emotional needs.
- Building strong working relationships with local churches and community organisations.
- Provide training to ensure that staff and volunteers are well supported.
- Be a role model and create a culture supporting Anglicare’s Christian vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that safety and risk is well managed within the shop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in a retail environment.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience leading a team of staff, including volunteers.
- Personal Christian commitment and a missional motivation.
This role requires a valid Working With Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Would you like to join a supportive and growing Christian organisation where your skills and experience can make a positive impact to those in need? Then apply today!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this role please visit the Anglicare website www.anglicare.org.au or for more information contact the Anglicare Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344.