Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Location: Balgowlah, NSW
Date advertised: 5th November 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 20 December 2019
The position of Children’s Ministry Coordinator is a part time position, 30 hours per week, paid in accordance with the Diocesan guidelines for a stipendiary lay worker.
At All Saints our mission and vision is to grow disciples of Jesus Christ for life as we live as an inclusive people, united in diversity in Christ, for the benefit of God’s world.
Your role as Children’s Ministry Coordinator will be to both disciple the children in our Church community, and to reach children and their families with the gospel that are outside of our community and connect them into our church.
This is a maternity leave position for 12 months.
• Must have a love for Jesus and his people.
• Must be teachable and servant hearted and eager to learn.
• Must show initiative and ability to work in a team.
• Must have a love and a passion for working with Children and their families.
• Must have or be working towards a theological qualification (Degree/diploma).
• Must have at least 2-3 years experience in serving and leading in Children’s ministry, and be a competent teacher to children.
Key Focus ministries for 2020
• Run once a week, includes planning a teaching program/songs, advertising and follow up
• Gather and encourage a team of helpers with the view to connecting with families
• Teaching every week in the K-6 program, organising curriculum for both groups, recruiting and training volunteers, keeping in touch with, connecting with and supporting the families who come.
• Teach a minimum of 2 classes and Coordinate scripture teachers and classes at our 2 local schools
• Keeping teachers training and paperwork up to date while supporting them and recruiting new teachers.
• Run a children’s program in the July School Holidays. Including planning and organising a team and advertising
• Running Preschool fun days (extended playgroups in the school holidays)
Other Responsibilities include: Training and Safe ministry, Connecting with our local preschool, family services once a term, Christmas and Easter special activities, staff meetings, network meetings, attending church & small groups and investing in your leadership growth through college, conferences, books etc.
Applicants should email email@example.com with your resume outlining experience and training and reason for your interest.