Location: Watersleigh (Nowra), NSW
Date advertised: 31st January 2024
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
Location: Shoalhaven Conference Centres, Nowra
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time (Mon-Fri, on call out of hours)
Youthworks is seeking a Centre Manager to join our Conference Centre team. Youthworks Conference Centres provide a place of temporary community for groups for relational and personal growth. We are intentional partners to schools, churches and like-minded community groups through networking, collaboration and facilitation of Word ministry. We are providers of outstanding venues in amazing locations and Christian hospitality. We believe our interactions with our guests and each other are opportunities to promote and proclaim the gospel.
About the role
To oversee and have responsibility for the day to day management of the Conference Centre including but not limited to management of staff and centre services such as catering, guest services, housekeeping, maintenance, and finances.
- In conjunction with department coordinators and the conference administrator, oversee departmental and conference administration operations
- Ensure the Conference Centre has overall compliance with WHS, licensing, and relevant legal regulations
- Oversee the management of capital works projects
- Maintain an overview of guest feedback, and deal with any guest complaints as required
- Manage day to day troubleshooting and address relevant problems as they arise
- Respond to on-call and emergency situations in a timely manner
- Assist in the formation of annual operating and capital works budgets
- Regularly review the Conference Centre budgets, and ensure expenditure limits are adhered to. Action any amendments required to contain costs and maximise financial return
- Overall recruitment, supervision, training, and mentoring responsibility of the Conference Centre senior staff team and administration staff
You will need to demonstrate
- Experience leading a workplace based team of staff
- Experience with managing medium to large budgets
- Management or Leadership qualifications
- That you live no more than 45 minutes drive from the Centre
- Strong work ethos and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and to be flexible to reflect changes in priority
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing strong customer service
- An ability to work with a wide range of staff to achieve effective outcomes
- A personal Christian faith and a willingness to work for an Anglican organisation
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation
- Experience in Christian camping ministry
- Business, hospitality or tourism qualifications
- Hep A and Hep B immunisations
- WorkCover NSW licenses
- RSA certification
- A manual drivers licence
Current drivers licence and own transport are essential as there is no public transport anywhere near the Shoalhaven Conference Centres.
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
If you would like to find out more about this role including viewing the position description or would like to apply, please go to our website.
To note applications cannot be processed until a completed application form is submitted.
If your skills and experience are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources team.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.