Location: Red Hill, ACT
Date advertised: 6th November 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 16/11/2018
The Associate Chaplain will work alongside the Chaplain in:
- preparing and leading worship in a range of contexts and idioms, for students from the early years to Year 12 and for the full spectrum of ages and expectations represented in the School community;
- nourishing and enriching the spiritual life of individuals and groups within the School community, including those of other faiths and backgrounds;
- encouraging faithfulness to the School’s Christian foundation in the Anglican tradition in all aspects of School life;
- offering pastoral care and support to all members of the School community in collaboration with others who specialise in this area of need;
- teaching in the area of Religious and Values Education and/or in other specialist areas, as appropriate;
- playing an active part in the co-curricular life of the School.
In matters of worship and liturgy and the use of the Chapel the Associate Chaplain is accountable to the Chaplain.
Canberra Grammar School is a co-educational Pre-School to Year 12 Independent Anglican School offering outstanding academic education, co-curricular opportunities and pastoral care to day and boarding students of all backgrounds and faiths within a community guided by Christian values.
CGS is a vibrant and rewarding place to work, and we're seeking staff who are engaging, interesting, innovative, and who are committed to helping our students be ready for the world.
CGS is an employer who promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including various professional development opportunities; superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff); a range of salary sacrifice benefits; access to the health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations, staff organisations/associations and representation, an employee assistance programme. And staff awards programme; and many other benefits.
Terms and Conditions
All employees of the School must be eligible to work with children in accordance with ACT Working with Vulnerable People checks, and all teachers at the School must have teacher registration, provisional registration or a permit to teach issued by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute prior to starting their employment.
To see the full position description and or apply for the position, please visit: