Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 7th November 2023
Job Type: Full time, Part time
Closing Date: 19th December 2023
The Assistant Minister will conduct a ministry of word, prayer and service, appropriate to a woman in our Cathedral context, in a full-time (or part-time) role, as a key member of the pastoral team. Our goal here is to see people introduced to the Lord Jesus and obeying him willingly.
St Andrew’s Cathedral is a strategic centre of gospel ministry to the people of the City of Sydney. It’s the central church of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and the chapel of St Andrew’s Cathedral School. Public Christian church services are conducted on Sundays, many other days of the week, and on state occasions.
The Assistant Minister must display mature evangelical Christian faith and be able to obtain the Archbishop’s licence in the Diocese of Sydney as an ordained Anglican deacon or his authority as an authorised Lay Minister.
- Lead and empower ministry to and by women, in Bible & prayer groups, training, and personal work.
- Contribute to a variety of Anglican services, including by prayer and words of exhortation.
- Contribute to pastoral leadership of one or more cathedral congregations.
- Contribute as agreed to evangelistic and disciple-equipping strategies.
- An Advantage: ability to contribute in one (or more) broader areas (see full description):
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Excited to be part of proclaiming Christ in the heart of an international city.
- Gladly Anglican, in the classical evangelical orthodox sense, including attitude to liturgy.
- Willing to model generous complementarian patterns of ministry.
- Character: humility, hospitality, servant-heartedness and courage, etc.
- Capacity: self-starter, with drive, resilience and ‘stickability’.
- Temperament: collegial, with tolerance of a wide range of people of diverse backgrounds and ideas.
- Commitment to upholding the standards of our code of conduct, Faithfulness in Service.
For a full job description, or to express your interest (with CV detailing relevant experience), please contact the Dean, Sandy Grant
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.