Location: Exmouth, WA
Date advertised: 7th November 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 6 December 2019
The Anglican Diocese of North West Australia and Bush Church Aid have a big vision - to bring the gospel to the nations. We are seeking a Minister-in-Charge who will lead God’s people doing this in Exmouth.
You will lead the parish ministry team, with the primary responsibility of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, raising faithful disciples and caring for the people in the parish.
The wide-ranging functions of this office requires you to be passionate about the spread of the gospel; flexible; well organised; good at setting boundaries for yourself and others; and willing to be a faithful servant.
Exmouth is a town of 2500 in Western Australia, 1250km north of Perth. It is primarily a tourism town, famous for the Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park. The challenge of the parish is helping people see beyond the creation to the amazing Creator.
- An ordained Anglican Minister eligible to hold a Licence from the Diocesan Bishop.
- A degree in Theology from a recognised theological or Bible college.
- At least two years experience working in a church ministry setting.
- Demonstrated communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated preaching and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated pastoral care skills.
- Demonstrated evangelism skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and collaboration.
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of the Diocese.
- Communicant member of an Anglican church.
Deadline: 6 December 2019
For more information about the role, contact Diocesan Registrar Khim Harris on 0433 033 174 or Bishop Gary Nelson on (08) 9921 7277.
To apply, see https://www.anglicandnwa.org/vacancies to download a Job Application Pack, including a detailed role description and information about the attractive working conditions.