Location: Beecroft, NSW
Date advertised: 9th November 2023
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 9 December 2023
The clock is ticking.
Research shows that in Australia the vast majority of adult Christians make a commitment to Christ before they are 18 years old. And yet the youth (and young adults) are currently the most under represented age groups in our churches.
At St John’s Anglican Church at Beecroft we’re doing something about this. We currently have up to 30 youth attending our youth group on a Friday evening, 10 attending church on a Sunday (morning and evening), and 12 attending Sunday afternoon growth groups. There are currently 9 leaders involved in this ministry.
We need a part-time (3.5 days) Youth Minister to:
- develop a youth community at St John’s that is growing in maturity of faith and in number;
- oversee all aspects of ministry to youth at St John’s and beyond into Beecroft;
- develop the leadership potential in our young adults as they lead at youth; and
- teach SRE at Cheltenham High School for Girls.
- a mature follower of Jesus Christ with impeccable character and Reformed doctrine;
- passionately committed to taking the gospel to the youth in the local community;
- a proven leader who is strategic in thinking, tactical in execution and able to align all ministry activities to the vision of the church;
- a self-starter, who is nevertheless able to work in a team;
- experienced in ministering to high school children with evidence of a fruitful ministry of at least 3 years;
- seeking to take, shape and grow a youth community living out the gospel;
- pastorally minded and empathetic to the multiple issues that young people and their families face;
- proven in raising up, leading and managing a team of volunteers to lead youth ministry;
- experienced in identifying and developing leadership talent amongst young adults;
- an engaging teacher with theological training (minimum of Diploma of Theology or of Ministry) who can communicate and apply God's word to youth in a variety of settings;
- skilled in partnering with parents in their role of discipling their high school children;
- dedicated to personal spiritual growth as God's beloved child;
- in pursuit of improvement for God’s glory - to be invested in and given tailored training, performance reviews and pastoral support?
Contact our office for a detailed job description via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9 December 2023 for start date of 22 January 2024.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.