Location: Baulkham Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 9th November 2022
Job Type: Full time, Part time
Closing Date: 30 November, 2022
Hours: Full time or Part time (4 or 5 days per week)
At Norwest Anglican we long to see Jesus as king of every heart and every home. As a vibrant and growing evangelical church we are committed to living for Jesus in all we do.
We are excited by the growth God has brought to Norwest and are seeking to support this with a restructure of our admin team. The newly created Office Manager role will provide excellent ministry support to our pastoral staff across our wide range of ministries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full range of office support across the life of the church, in areas such as:
- Creating engaging and relevant church-wide emails, newsletters, social media and website pages, as a key part of our communications team
- Preparation of resources, plans and presentations for our five Sunday services as well as other weekly ministries
- Managing and maintaining our membership database
- Streamlining administration processes
- Supporting the creation of rosters initially, and as we increasingly move away from rosters to a “teams serving” model, supporting teams in their roles
- Purchasing and supplies management
- Managing property and resource bookings, and supporting special events
The role reports to the Operations Manager, and works alongside a bookkeeper who takes care of accounts payable, receivable and payroll tasks.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Excited to contribute to a caring Christian team, passionate about bringing their particular gifts to help others and to share the gospel through their work.
- Experienced in working within an office environment with strong skills in Microsoft Office and a “people records” database product.
- An excellent communicator – both in conversation and in producing a high standard of written communication.
- Experienced managing social media and some experience with website administration
- Someone with an excellent eye for detail who loves making plans and ensuring things run smoothly and on time.
- Able to lead others, as we grow our admin team over time.
A current Working with Children Check, and Safe Ministry Training will be arranged together with the successful applicant as both of these will be required prior to commencement.
To apply or enquire: Please email your CV and cover letter to Lisa Grainger, Operations Manager email@example.com