Pre-school Director and/or Early Childhood Teacher
Location: Merrylands, NSW
Date advertised: 9th November 2019
Job Type: Full time, Part time
Closing Date: 23rd November 2019
- A New Opportunity for Directors and Early Childhood Teachers
- Community Based Pre-school
At Merrylands Christian Pre-schools Association Incorporated we provide quality childcare operating one 18 place and one 30 place centre during school terms.
We have a senior staff member moving on and so have the opportunity to create a new leadership model for 2020. The final model will depend on the experience and quality of the applicants through the recruitment process.
Roles under Review: Director and Early Childhood Teacher.
Currently we have two Directors who work collaboratively and we hope that this will continue. We will require one or two 3 or 4 year trained Early Childhood trained teachers preferably with experience as Director or Educational Leader. While we have at least one full time position available we will consider a job share arrangement.
Applicants are invited to apply for a Director’s position and or an Early Childhood teaching position. The teaching load for both positions would be modified to allow for Director or Educational Leader time as required.
We are family friendly employers and support a flexible work/ life balance whenever we are able.
Our Directors and Educational Leaders work to ensure the educational program is developed through a collaborative vision with regard to curriculum and pedagogy. The successful applicants will lead and work with the educator team and be involved in review and ongoing development of the educational program.
- BOSTES accredited/ NESA Early Childhood Teacher with min 3yr training Bachelor of Teaching or Bachelor of Education
- Demonstrable Strong oral and written communication skills
- To be fully conversant with regulatory requirements including the National Law, Regulations and National Quality Standards
- Directing or Room Leader or Educational Leader experience preferred
- Ability to lead a team and supervise staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to liaise effectively with Families, Management Committee, other early childhood professionals such as health nurses, Early childhood intervention specialists and establishing community links.
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certifications.
The ideal applicant will need to
- Work as part of the team to implement high quality care and education programs and be able to establish relationships with children in our care and their families.
- Be able to manage the pre-school on a day to day basis either as Director or in the Director’s absence.
- Uphold the Christian ethos of the organisation.
Wages are based on award conditions. You must have the right to work in Australia in order to apply and a Working with Children check is a condition of employment.
Commencement: Beginning of Term 1, 2020
Applications Close: Sunday 5.00pm 23rd November
If you think this new opportunity would interest you, send your CV with a separate cover letter that provides details showing how you meet the requirements as listed and three references, including a character reference from your church to firstname.lastname@example.org