Location: Liverpool, NSW
Date advertised: 10th November 2023
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 8 December 2023
Are you a skilled Case Manager with high level communication and organizational abilities, seeking a dynamic, supportive workplace culture? We would love to hear from you!
- Are you passionate about providing a safe and stable environment for Children?
- You can make a difference in the lives of children and their families!
- Join our warm, supportive, friendly team culture!
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available, for a Case Manager to join our team in Foster Care. In this role you will have an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Children in Care and their families.
Anglicare works with young people and families engaged in the Out-Of-Home Care (OOHC) system in NSW and we provide Foster Care throughout Metropolitan Sydney. You will be making a positive change in people’s lives by providing support and protection with authorized Foster Carers who nurture, encourage and provide a safe, supportive home environment.
This role is a Permanent Full-Time position based in Liverpool.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Develop and implement high quality individual plans for children and young people within Anglicare’s foster care program
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and families in to achieve positive outcomes
- Ensure ongoing communication with all parties to implement the case plans with a focus on supporting the needs of children with a case plan of restoration, or children identified for guardianship or adoption.
- Maintain high standards through foster carer recruitment, assessments, reviews, and training.
- Conduct regular review of client information to ensure up to date reports and file documentation in accordance with OOHC and agency requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or welfare/community services
- Demonstrated experience in case planning with children and young people
- Unrestricted NSW Driver's License
- Understanding of out-of-home care issues and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, attachment and the impact of abuse and trauma on children
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, counselling, and casework
- Knowledge of child protection and family support processes
- Valid Working with Children Check
- COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended
Benefits of working at Anglicare:
- A warm, welcoming culture
- Ongoing training and development with a focus on career growth
- Flexible working arrangements which include hybrid / working from home and from our Norwest office
- Experienced and passionate leadership team who are supportive and consultative
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- Fitness Passport
- Access to discounts from over 400 retailers on our rewards program
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: Anglicare Aged Care & Community Services - Sydney & Surrounds
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; Closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.