Coordinator of TAS
Location: Middleton Grange, NSW
Date advertised: 11th November 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Tuesday 19 November 2019
About the business
Thomas Hassall Anglican College is seeking to employ an experienced educator and leader with a background in High School TAS education.
The right candidate will be able to gather, inspire and lead others, and have an expert understanding of 21st century learning and teaching. She/he will be an active Christian who understands how to integrate faith and education in relevant and authentic ways. The best candidate will work with staff towards the improvement and innovation of the TAS Teaching and Learning Programs in Years 7-12.
About the role
Key Selection Criteria - the successful applicant for the above position must be able to provide evidence to support the following criteria:
- A well informed understanding of contemporary learning and teaching practices, research and pedagogy
- Evidence of leadership of educational innovation and development of curriculum and assessment
- A track record of success in building and leading effective teams within faculty/stage departments.
- Demonstrated critical analysis and problem solving skills, experience and commitment to collaborative leadership within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the integration of technology in the delivery of learning
- Demonstrated good team leadership skills: including approachability; listening skills; conflict resolution; exercising sound judgement; and showing initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines and concurrently manage a number of competing tasks
- Sound knowledge and understanding of WHS policies and procedures related to coordinating a TAS department.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong personal Christian faith and be a regular and practising member of a Bible based Christian Church
Teaching qualifications (TAS teacher). The ability to teach Engineering and/or Design & Technology will be an advantage.
Download and complete the "Application for Employment - Teachers" form and the Working With Children Check to be considered for the positions.
Applicants should be committed Christian's who are active members of their church.
Applications should include:
- Cover application letter
- Completion of Employment Application form (This should include the names, addresses and phone numbers of three confidential referees. One of these needs to be from a Christian Minister)
- Resume outlining teaching, leadership and other experience relevant to the position
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Written response addressing the Key Selection Criteria in a maximum of 2-3 pages
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday 19 November 2019
Please forward your application marked "Private and Confidential" to:
Ms Christine Klomp - Personal Assistant to the Principal
Thomas Hassall Anglican College
PO Box 150 Hoxton Park NSW 2171
or via the Apply Now button.