Location: Norwest, NSW
Date advertised: 13th November 2023
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 13 December 2023
We are seeking someone to lead Anglicare’s teams of Justice and Community Chaplains. These teams consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained chaplains. This position is open to men or women who are an ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or a lay minister who is eligible to be licensed (or authorised) by the Archbishop of Sydney.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding ministry and make a genuine difference in the lives of others working as Chaplains while strategically looking for opportunities to expand this important ministry.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Effective strategic leadership and management of Civil Chaplains in Public Institutions (e.g. Corrective Services) and Community Chaplains located in marginalised areas.
- Recruitment, support, development and supervision of chaplaincy staff.
- Along-side the Partnership Development Team ensures Chaplaincy personnel are actively pursuing, creating and maintaining beneficial partnerships with local Anglican churches, congregations, and individuals.
- Financial management of programs
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Ordained Minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, currently licensed within Diocese of Sydney
- Proven record of ministry experience in a parish or chaplaincy setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team;
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith and an active member of their church.
- Current and valid driver’s licence.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To be successful you will be a faithful disciple of Christ with formal theological qualifications with experience in leading a team and in evangelical chaplaincy services.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit the Anglicare careers website www.anglicare.org.au and remember to include a cover letter outling your skills, qualifications, competencies and experience relevant to this role.
For more questions please contact Martine Morilly via email email@example.com
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.