Location: Multiple locations
Date advertised: 13th November 2020
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 13 December 2020
- Are you passionate about supporting people living with mental health issues?
- Do you project social confidence, enjoy empowering individuals through providing insights and giving support?
- Earn an attractive wage and take advantage of salary sacrificing benefits!
About the Role:
This is a permanent part-time role and is classified under the SCHADS Award! The hours of work are negotiable.
Purpose of the role?
This position resources Anglicare services and partners with Anglican Churches to educate and effectively engage with people who support people living with mental health issues.
Main locations where the role can be based are negotiable and include either Sydney or Illawarra site options.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Ensures Anglicare educates people to respond effectively to people living with mental health issues by providing education and training programs to Anglicare staff, Anglican Churches and the general community .
- Ensures processes are in place to meet best practice standards in relation to Mental Health including development of training modules or courses accessible to the community and staff.
- Ensures all educational offerings are appropriate to the needs of the recipients by ensuring adequate consultation with the end users whilst providing programs that are well documented and evidence based.
- Ensures that Anglicare staff and Churches are provided with relevant resources and information in collaboration with marketing, the Community Services mental health leadership group and other teams including Church facing partnership development staff and chaplains.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Psychology or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or willingness to complete
- Knowledge and experience in the delivery of mental health support services, development of workshops or specialist mental training and delivery of group programs
- Knowledge of recovery model.
- Experience in working with/within Anglican parishes
- Valid NSW Driver Licence and Working with Children's Check for paid employment purposes.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.