Location: Asquith, NSW
Date advertised: 17th November 2021
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 17th December 2021
Do you have a passion for leading children and families to Christ and inspiring youth to ministry?
We are seeking a gospel-hearted woman to join our experienced ministry team. She will further our evangelistic efforts to reach people for Christ, growing our children’s and youth ministry in this vibrant part of Sydney.
About the role
This is a part-time position, three days per week including Friday afternoon and evening, and Sundays, commencing in 2022. This is offered as a 2-year position with potential to extend.
- Initiate and oversee a new Friday afternoon Kid’s Club. This will include recruiting and mentoring leaders.
- Be a part of our Friday night youth group team with a specific responsibility for mentoring female leaders. This will include training such leaders to raise up and equip future children’s leaders from senior youth.
- Oversee children’s ministry, including mentoring and equipping those heading up our Kids@10 (Sunday School) and Playtime ministries.
- Explore creative ways that we can further connect with local children and their families
- Be a committed member of our Sunday 10am and 6.30 pm gatherings with a view to engaging with our young adults and youth.
- A mature faith with evangelical convictions
- A heart for Children’s ministry
- Ability to teach, lead, organise and reach people for Christ
- Working with Children Check and Safe Ministry certification
- Experience in children’s and/or youth ministry
- Theological qualification or presently enrolled in a course of study
The mission of St John’s Asquith is to:
Love people so they may see Christ
Reach people so they may know Christ
Equip people so they may serve Christ
Send people so they may proclaim Christ
All to the glory of God
For more information on our parish, go to http://stjohnsasquith.org
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, considering the Anglican Church of Sydney’s guidelines for stipends and allowances.
For more information about the position, please call our Senior Minister Brian Heath on 0438 223 189 or email your application and CV to email@example.com