Location: Menangle, NSW
Date advertised: 17th November 2021
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 19 November 2021
- 1 x Permanent Full-time
- 1 x Full Time Maternity Leave
Broughton Anglican College is the leading Pre Kinder to Year 12 Independent School in the Macarthur region and provides exceptional educational opportunities to more than 1,000 students. Staff enjoy an innovative teaching environment with supportive peers, students and parents.
The position commences at the beginning of the 2021 academic year.
Teaching responsibilities involve areas of the Stage 4 to Stage 6 curriculum, including both Stage 4 and Stage 5 History and Geography.
The successful candidate will assist the Humanities Faculty, under the supervision of the Head of Humanities, to develop and implement programs and maintain the high levels of achievement from our students in the Humanities curriculum areas.
The College has implemented a BYOD environment and therefore the successful candidate must be confident in the use of technology and be willing to embrace it in order to enhance learning.
The applicant is required to:
- demonstrate an excellent level of knowledge in the NSW K-12 syllabus incorporating the Australian Curriculum History and Geography syllabi and the relevant Stage 6 syllabi.
- demonstrate an excellent level of skill in pedagogical practice incorporating a range of teaching techniques, with a focus on embedding formative assessment and inquiry-based learning.
- create a positive learning environment which challenges students to achieve academic and personal excellence.
- demonstrate an ability to cater for differences in students’ abilities and learning styles
- proficiently use a range of common ICT applications (e.g. Internet browsers, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Office 365 and Excel).
- maintain positive academic and pastoral relationships with students and families by providing regular and timely feedback on academic progress, behaviour and application.
As the College is a child safe organisation, the successful candidate will be required to provide a NSW Working With Children Check number and date of birth so that the College can verify that the candidate is permitted to teach in NSW schools.
The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence that they are an active member of a Bible-based church.
A position profile can be provided for more information.
Complete and submit the Application Form – Teacher Application
Applicants are asked to provide the following information to support their application:
at least one professional reference or referee
a current reference from the minister of the church that they are presently attending. Should the minister prefer to give a reference verbally, please provide contact details
a certified copy of:
documents relating to their qualifications
Send applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org