Legal and Corporate Assistant
Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 4th January 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 22 January 2019
The Sydney Diocesan Secretariat (SDS) is committed to supporting the building of God’s Kingdom through the provision of a range of valued services to organisations and churches in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
About the role
This is an ideal full time role for someone who has had administrative experience in a legal and/or corporate environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Board meeting Co-ordination, including pre and post board meeting administration.
- Providing corporate secretarial support including preparing draft agendas and minutes and arranging document execution.
- Providing administration support for church legislation (ordinances), posting up on websites and executing documents.
- Preparing and submitting notifications and reports to regulatory bodies.
- An experienced administrator ideally with exposure to the legal environment or corporate environment, familiar with updating websites, managing meetings and maintaining legal documents.
- Experienced in supporting a team with different requirements.
- Excellent co-ordination skills, able to manage meeting co-ordination and room bookings.
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and advanced Word skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience dealing with clients and able to deal with people of varying authority, and levels within an organisation.
- A personal commitment to the mission of the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
- Ability to problem solve and seek clarification when required.
- Tertiary qualifications are desirable.
Consistent with the ethos and values of SDS, applicants for the position should have a demonstrated Christian commitment, ideally as a member of an Anglican church in the Diocese.
For the right candidate there is flexibility in hours for example working shorter hours across the five days to account for school hours.
Apply now with a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
Please call Steve Lucas, Head of Legal and Corporate Services on 9265 1647 with any inquiries.