Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 2nd February 2021
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 5 March 2021
Mothers Union Sydney is part of a world-wide Christian organisation supporting marriage and families. We strive to show our caring in many ways but particularly through our Shop in Town Hall Arcade.
We are seeking to employ a Buyer/Shop Assistant, 9.75 hours per week on a Permanent Part-time basis. The applicant must be creative and energetic, be of Christian faith, well presented and have experience and understanding of retail purchasing and display including Fair Trade products and be prepared to seek unique merchandise for the shop which is a pivotal part of the financial support of our ministries.
The shop, in the Town Hall Arcade, is the face of Mothers Union in the CBD is open from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, with staff employed from 8.45am to 4.30pm. The shop also serves as the administrative office for Executive and Members of Mothers Union Sydney.
The role in the shop is:
- Source Fair Trade, card and gift products/stock together with coordinating Members hand made donations for sale.
- to provide a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere to customers, many of whom are members of our Branches.
- there could be ministry opportunities, so empathy and the ability to listen are important.
- ensure supplies are maintained and displayed well including the window.
- unpack deliveries and ensure invoice is correct.
- ability to complete shop financial transactions including the use of cash register for cash and credit card payments, plus “end of day” reconciliation.
- maintain a clean and well presented shop at all times, particularly under COVID conditions.
- ability to work with volunteers,
- photocopying, as required.
For more information about Mothers Union Sydney go to our website www.musydney.org.au
To apply for the position of Buyer/Shop Assistant, please request and complete an application form and Statement of Faith, and forward with your resume of work history, any qualifications and a reference from your Minister, and return to MU Sydney Secretary at email@example.com by 5 March 2021.