Market Research and Insights Analyst
Location: Norwest, NSW
Date advertised: 19th November 2018
Closing Date: Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing date
- Leading aged care, retirement living, housing and community services provider
- Mission-focused organisation entering a period of substantial growth and expansion
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people
- Oversee diverse research projects, market analysis and engagement with a range of stakeholders
- Influence the direction and success of large scale development projects, new product innovation and community service models
- Opportunity to actively live out your faith in the workplace
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we strive to honour Jesus Christ, enrich lives and strengthen communities. We do this by serving older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Strategic Innovation and Business Development Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to conceptualise and oversee research projects, conduct dynamic market analysis, market test new concepts and facilitate stakeholder engagement in order to advise on organisation-wide property development and service innovation. You will play a key role in bringing innovative concepts and ideas to life and to market.
- Ensure all major property developments, development opportunities, service models and innovative new product concepts are grounded in sound, justifiable rationale by employing relevant search methods and advising on implications;
- Ensure reviews of property development projects, new product innovation and service models are conducted by considering the core assumptions, identifying deviations and recommending any required changes;
- Contribute to the process of ideation, co-creation of innovative new property concepts and rigorous market testing of new development concepts by overseeing the engagement of targeted local communities and stakeholders;
- Ensure close and collegial working relationships with preferred external research suppliers and providers are formed and maintained, by actively managing and nurturing these relationships;
- Ensure bespoke research, statistical and analytical platforms and sources (e.g. GIS/Mapping, SPSS, ABS Tablebuilder, competitor pricing) can be used to efficiently generate required reports and insights, by actively maintaining, streamlining and optimising these platforms;
- Contribute to the composition and compilation of board papers, positioning papers, reports, business cases, council and government submissions, tenders, funding applications and negotiations by providing relevant qualitative and quantitative research input and advising on strategic direction;
- Contribute to internal cross-functional working groups, steering development and delivery of new concepts by testing assumptions, quantifying opportunities, identifying sound testing methods and reviewing progress against agreed designs and objectives; and
- Contribute towards increasing the organisation’s profile as a leader in the fields of integrated community development, community services, aged care, and accommodation solutions for older people and other cohorts through presentation, publication and tactical dissemination of learnings.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
- Business Degree, ideally with majors in marketing and market research and/or statistics;
- 3+ years’ experience in a market research or business analytics role, either in a consultancy or client side;
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Experience in use of SPSS (or similar statistical program) and a recognised GIS mapping platform an advantage;
- Strong capabilities in translation of consumer insights into implications from various data sources;
- Good project management skills with strong attention to detail and a high level of skill using MS Excel;
- Ability to engage and build rapport with a wide range of people from various walks of life
- Experience within the aged care, retirement living, community services and/or commercial property development sectors an advantage.
- Given the successful applicant will regularly be required to work closely with Anglican church communities, Anglican affiliates, church ministers and parachurch welfare organisations, understanding of these structures and ease in engaging with them would be beneficial to the role.
If you like bringing clarity to ambiguity, have an eye for detail, the ability to communicate often technical matters simply and a desire to make a real difference, then we’d love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply, please visit www.anglicare.org.au/careers