Location: Loftus, NSW
Date advertised: 19th November 2021
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Caterer looking to optimise their work / life balance
Youthworks Year 13 Gap Year Program is seeking a Caterer for our team at Loftus. This permanent, part time, maximum term role is to start early February 2022 and finish last November 2022. Your key role will be to oversee and have responsibility for all catering operations, including but not limited to food service, menu planning and HACCP compliance; to ensure quality service from start to finish.
Youthworks’ Year 13 Gap Year Program aims to partner with churches in discipling all Christian school leavers to follow Jesus in giving their lives serving God’s church and his mission. It consists of four core elements: residential fellowship, classroom learning; an internship with a local church; and a month-long mission trip. This program provides devotional, theological, relational, and practical learning in order to equip young people for a lifetime of serving Jesus throughout the world."
About the role:
- Earliest start is 8am, with latest finish being 6pm
- Three days per week - Tuesday + Wednesday + Thursday – with minimal exceptions
- No split shifts
- Supportive team
- Tasks and responsibilities:
- Menu planning and development
- Manage special dietary needs
- Manage high quality catering service through preparation and cooking of menu items
- Oversee stock deliveries
The successful candidate will have:
- Catering trade qualifications, AND OR demonstrable experience in bulk catering (at least 2 years)
- Proven knowledge of Industry and Safety Standards
- A genuine passion for producing great food
- Experience with managing budgets
- A systematic and focused approach to tasks with a strong attention to detail
- A strong work ethos and the ability to work with a wide range of staff to achieve effective outcomes
- A willingness to work within an overtly Christian environment and with an Anglican organisation
What we would really like you to have:
- A personal Christian faith
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
This position in 2022 is a maximum term position, starting Tuesday 8 February 2022 and finishing Thursday 24 November 2022 (a total of 42 weeks).
Within the 42 weeks there is approximately 13 weeks (whole or partial) where there are no students onsite and therefore no catering requirements.
So that the position of Caterer is paid each week for the 42 weeks, a system of accruing time in lieu and then taking accrued time in lieu (and accrued annual leave) during the ‘no student’ weeks has been put in place.
Current drivers licence and own transport are preferred as the closest public transport (Sutherland or Loftus Train Stations) is approximately a 30minute walk away.
Applications close as soon as the right person is found.
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
If you would like to find out more about this role including viewing the position description or would like to apply, please go to our website https://youthworks.net/careers/year-13-caterer-2021.
To note applications cannot be processed until a completed application form is submitted.
If your skills and experience are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources team.